I spend a lot of time doing family shoots, newborn shoots, business head shots or dating profile shots for women of all ages, shapes, sizes and nationalities. I love doing these shoots but notice that, quite often, the same worries come up before and during the shoots. As women, we feel many things that make us nervous about being in these photos.
This is not the case for ALL women of course, but it is true of MANY women.
Some of the worries include the following:
- We often “hate” how we look in photos and decide in advance that we won’t like any of them.
- We don’t want to be in the photos until we have lost weight – be it “the baby weight” or weight in general – this stops many women being in photos with their children which is a real pity.
- We want to know if we can be “photoshopped” to look thinner, younger etc…
- We don’t book as shoot because we don’t think we look thin enough, young enough or pretty enough to have the pictures done in the first place.
- We don’t like that we have changed shape since having a baby.
- We don’t like our baggy tummies and stretch marks.
- We don’t feel confident, sexy or beautiful.
- We feel crap about ourselves and how we look much of the time.
Frequently when I do shoots I get a sense that some of all of the above are going through someone’s mind or went through their mind before I reached for my camera.
We are continually bombarded with perfect images in the media, magazines and on social media profiles – no wonder we don’t feel confident or gorgeous enough.
I hope in my family shoots and my newborn shoots I give families gorgeous images of themselves and their children to treasure but I want to do more than that.
How often do you say to a friend of yours something like “you look gorgeous”, “I love your hair like that”, “I love that colour on you” and they reject the compliment with .. “No I don’t I need to lose weight”, or “Really it needs a cut” or “I don’t like how she cut my hair” or “Oh this top is really old I need some new clothes “.
We just don’t see ourselves the way everyone else sees us. I want to do something about that.
I want to show YOU the beauty that I see when I meet you. The beauty that your friends see, your families see and your partners or husbands or wives see. The beauty that the people that love you see every day. That is what I want to bring out in gorgeous, fun photos of women.
I want you to have a photo shoot that boosts your confidence, makes you feel good about yourself again and gives you a set of photos you are proud to show to others.
So treat yourself – take a day off work or away from the kids – I will do your make up and your lashes and we will have a giggle, a glass of fizz and get some beautiful shots of YOU.
This is not boudoir photography – you don’t need to let it all hang out in skimpy underwear or to try to be sexy. Nor is this a cheesy soft-focus make-over shoot.
You don’t need to be 20 years old, or have a perfect figure, or be a size zero. You can just be you.
You might want to wear a comfy sweater or a slouchy t-shirt – just choose what feels comfortable to you. There is no formula. This is about bringing out your personality, your style and your unique beauty.
You just need to trust me to photograph what I see. You just need to be you. Just like these gorgeous ladies.
So – are you in ?
**Get in touch – special introductory offer – treat YOU or drop a very big hint about gifts :)**
Contact me on email@example.com or call me on 07981 991881